Safety measures in place for Depression Xpression meetings at RISC, 35-39 London Street, Reading, RG1 4PS
- Both RISC and Depression Xpression have carried out detailed risk assessments on how to minimise the risk of Covid 19 transmission during meetings in the main hall at RISC.
- Numbers attending will be limited to a maximum of 20 people, including volunteers and speakers. Booking a place is essential, and there will be no admission without a booking. We will keep contact details of attendees for 3 weeks after the meeting to assist the Test, Track and Trace process if necessary.
- Everyone is advised that they MUST NOT ATTEND if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of the meeting they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
- A one-way system has been established in the RISC building, with entry only by the rear doors to the car park. Signage is in place to encourage social distancing of 2 metres.
- The meeting room will be cleaned before the meeting, including tables, door handles/ controls, tables, chairs, light switches and equipment controls. Cleaning products will also be available in the foyer for additional cleaning if required.
- Everyone will be asked to use the provided hand sanitiser on arrival, and at appropriate intervals, for example after using tissues. We will follow the NHS Catch It, Bin It, Kill It guidelines for disposal of tissues.
- Everyone will be asked to bring and use a face covering wherever practical. Disposable masks and/or visors will be available for anyone who does not have them.
- Tea and coffee will be dispensed by a volunteer. They will use a face covering and gloves, and will clean their hands frequently. Drinks will be served in disposable cups. Any snacks on offer will be in pre-wrapped portions.
- Chairs will be postioned to facilitate social distancing of 2m between individual people or groups of up to two households or 1m with mitigation measures such as: seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person or household group, rather than face-to-face, and good ventilation.
- Toilets will be cleaned and checked regularly, including basins, toilet handles, seats etc. Soap, paper towels and toilet paper will be regularly replenished. Signage will be in place to encourage good hygiene and hand washing. We will ensure that no more than one person uses each set of toilets at one time.
- Aerosol or droplet transmission is increased if a speaker has to raise their voice. To mitigate this, there will be a PA system in place so that anyone addressing an audience may do so at a regular volume.
- If anyone becomes unwell with suspected Covid-19 symptoms during a meeting, they will be taken to a designated safe space. Action will be taken in accordance with the RISC building management guidelines, and the remainder of the meeting will be cancelled.
Last updated: 27/08/2020